My Xantia Leaks...Sunroof problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yardcrew

My Xantia Leaks...Sunroof problem?

Post by yardcrew »

I have just bought a 1995 Xantia VSX Hatch and have just noticed dampness under the rear seat carpet, and a definite wetness after steady rain. I have tried to source the leak, thinking it may be the boot seal, but the rest of the boot seems perfectly dry. Then I discovered that the seal around the sunroof is not so good...looks a bit weathered to say the least. Could this be the source of the problem? There does not seem to be any evidence of moisture on the roof inside. My Haynes suggests that I do not touch the sunroof, but I was wondering if anyone had ever had a similar problem with this model and if so, how difficult it was to repair.
This is only my second car (First was a BX that exploded on the Motorway!) and I am not yet very skilled in car maintainence.
I am also looking for a copy of the Handbook as I would love to know what some of the dash lights mean!
Thanking you in advance,
Jay.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Jay
Do a search on "sunroof" and you will get so many answers.....
Sunroofs are designed to leak, and then to drain away. If you search for sunroof on my member name, you will find replies I have posted in the past.
Jamie
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Here's a good selection of solutions to the problem
http://www.andyspares.org/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1534
Phil
yardcrew

Post by yardcrew »

Thank you all for the suggestions...I will have a look when the weather clears up (July probably!), and post my findings.
Must just say that this is an outstandingly helpful forum, and makes me proud to be a Citroen owner.
Cheers, Jay.
yardcrew

Post by yardcrew »

Thank you all for the suggestions...I will have a look when the weather clears up (July probably!), and post my findings.
Must just say that this is an outstandingly helpful forum, and makes me proud to be a Citroen owner.
Cheers, Jay.
Gaz
My Cars:

Post by Gaz »

Some more info on the water front. I've just had the car in bits looking for this water leak. Both of the rubber pipes are in situ, I can see them by pulling the rear quarter plastic off and then removing the grab handles to see over headlining. In short: I can't see any major problem, I've poked wire down each pipe from the roof side, the nearside one is now fully clear but the offside one seems to hit a stop although water will flow down it to the floor. Anyway, I know its all clear so I'll just have to keep and eye on it from now to see if anything develops. Gaz