Xantia Radio Removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

awg2

Xantia Radio Removal

Post by awg2 »

I need to get the code for my radio and therefore have to remove the radio from the dash to get the serial number. The car is a 95 TD VSX.

Any clues on where to put the screwdriver/mallet first?
The radio has no model marked on it - am I correct in believing that the radio fitted to this model is a Blaupunkt 4030?

Looking forward to the end of the sound of silence.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Erm...by memory

You have to remove two screws which go upwards at a slight angle inside the fag tray (so need to just pull it out), i think that then allows the plastic front cover to pop off (this cover goes over the radio edges down over the heater controls edges and to the bottom at the top of the ash tray.

I think!
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Remove the ash tray (this is actually the most trying part!) - press the clip in (is it underneath, can't remember?) and the whole tray lifts up and out. Now remove the two screws you have revealed at the top of the ash try aperture, and then prise off the heater controls / radio trim piece. You should now be able to see the two Torx screws that hold the radio in, remove them and the radio just pulls out. You may well find that the radio has been out before, and the code is written on it!

A VSX will have the 4030 radio, I think it's a Blaupunkt - the 4030 is just Citroen's designation, the actual BP model number is different. There's a website somewhere with a forum where you can ask for codes - try a google search.
Richard W