Removal of Xantia drivers armrest - can't remove

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rmcdonal

Removal of Xantia drivers armrest - can't remove

Post by rmcdonal »

My xantia exclusive drivers armrest has come off as the mounting contained inside it has broken, its a case of simply re-welding to fix it but I can't remove it.

The armrest has a basic frame inside it of which a basic lipped rectangular plate is welded onto. This plate also has the "axle" allowing the arm to raise and lower at the side of the seat.

I need to remove the "plate" from the seat allowing me to re-weld it back to the armrest internal frame, then hopefully re-attach to the seat but i can't see how its removed from the seat. Does anyone know? Is this the correct method of removal?

At the back of the plate I can see a spring spacer washer that I hoped would have been a cotter pin of some sort. Looking further into the seat I can see no obvious bolts/clips to remove.

Thanks
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

From my fiddling with BX chairs and and rear squabs, I know that the frames will be a one-piece construction, which then is covered with the cushion material.

This means you have to figure out how the whole chair is constructed and then do this "backwards" until you have access to broken parts of the inner frame.
Often you end up with arms weighing 0.5ton each (feels that way :twisted: ) - and a chair that wont fit in the car anymore :roll:

No matter how you attack the problem - the cushioning must be removed to avoid a fire disaster once you start the welder.

Consult a breaker :idea:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image