C5 Tyres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

C5 Tyres

Post by civvie »

I have to get a couple of new tyres, I have at the moment "energy" tyres I think from Pirelli. These are supposed to give lower rolling resistance IE more mpg. Are they all they are supposed to be? what difference could I expect if I fitted normal tyres.
Any help appreciated

Steve
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

FWIW, I've never found much difference between varoius brands of tye as far as fuel consumption is concerened, but the with my lead feet I'm hardly likely to..........
I normally buy from this bunch: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/, they have a wide range of makes to choose from. At the moment I'm running a set of Vredesteins, not too expensive, and seem to be just fine.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Usually Citroëns seem to ride better on Michelins. From this make, i would recommend the Primacy range, excellent grip, either in wet or dry surfaces.
I can't wait for my Energies to loose the thread, and it seems the Energy type of tyre starts to develop cracks by 4 years of age, independant of their milage.
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955