Not so good

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bikemad650
My Cars:

Not so good

Post by bikemad650 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here goes,If i'm traveling in traffic at a constant speed for example and i lift off the throttle the car doesn't slow for about a second as if the throttle is still on.Then it comes off quite jerky and not very smooth.It's similar to letting the throttle off in an automatic car where you have no engine breaking.The throttle doesn't seem to be sticking ar all under the bonnet,I't doesn't do it all the time though and is sometimes smooth.Its a P reg 2.0 16v xantia if that helps,starts and runs perfect otherwise, Any suggestions appreciated. thanks
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

This could be sending you in totally the wrong direction but worth a quick check. Similar thing last week on our 1.9TD but for a reason. Accelerator cable broke and the RAC came and fitted a get you home one. At the accelerator end was a piece of metal crimped on which he bent and hooked round the pedal. However this could move around and in some positions would catch on the edge of the rubber grommet in the bulkhead that the cable runs through. The design of the “proper” item with the plastic fitting should mean this can’t happen but if one of the wires in the cable has broken and is sticking out it could be catching in the same way.

Rory
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I find a few modern cars do this. Last one that got me was a TDCi Mondeo. Scares the wotsits out of you at the time!

I've heard of newer Citroens doing it also. Is it just these electrickery designs getting caught out?

Prefer a nice simple old cable myself!

Ian
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Couldn't be our old variourite, the MAP sensor could it?

'P' reg is bound to have one somewhere :?
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!