Saxo Alloy Studs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Saxo Alloy Studs

Post by mezuk04 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ALLOY-WHEEL-B ... dZViewItem

I'm after 16 alloy wheel studs to go into the Saxo VTS/VTR alloys (cant remember which ones) which i have currently fitted on the ZX which i mum now owns, was taken into the garage for a couple of fixes and apparently the 'normal' studs i have in off the normal steels which were on the ZX when bought dont go far enough into the hub :shock: , although after 30,000 miles would appear not to have caused any problems as such however the vibration problems may just well be due to this :oops:

So to sum up, does anyone know whether or not these studs would quite happily go into the alloys from a saxo into the zx safely???

Also the garage is a family trusted business (dad knows them personally).

Regards
Chris
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

It may not the depth of the stud hole or the length of the stud it self, but it may be how the stud seats when tightend up against the alloy. If you look at the steel wheel for the ZX you'll see that the stud holes are counter sunk at a slightly different angle than those on the Saxo alloy wheel. This is why you can't always mount a steel wheel as a spare , with alloy wheels studs.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!