help with my xantia radio code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

help with my xantia radio code

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi guys

ive just brought a radio from the scrappy without a code its an original blaupunkt radio for my xantia and when i tried it in my car i find that its been locked out of completely is there a way to get into it or is just better to just take it to one of those place,s were they do radio decoding. or is the radio just knackerd when its like this.
help please

pete............................
Last edited by pete@co.uk on 18 Oct 2005, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

thanks dnsey

ill have a look at that.
Drives
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

thanks again dnsey

that site you sent me is very helpfull.
thank you

pete...........................................
Last edited by pete@co.uk on 17 Oct 2005, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Drives
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

no problem :)
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

What's the radio model ? If it's a later model I might be able to help you.
Jack
They said it couldn't be done, so we didn't bother trying!
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi jack

its actully out of an L reg xantia that was in the scrappy so its prob the older model anyway ive taken it in now to be decoded and unlocked becouse someone not me has entered the code to many times and its gone into lockout but what was you going to tell me becouse im interested for future referance also do u know how to replace the bulbs in the blaupunkt radio becouse some of them are not working the guy in the shop can do it for me but at a price.

pete..........
Drives
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

I was just going to say if it was a later model 3010 3020 3030.... that I can work out the code from the serial number - but this won't work for the earlier blaupunkts. Better get those lamps changed by the radio engineer - they're not an easy DIY job. Jack
They said it couldn't be done, so we didn't bother trying!
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi jack

thanks very much for the advice much apprecated the radio is still in the shop contacted him today and he said becouse the radio code has been tried wrong that many times that he is having a right job to unlock it and i had to leave it with him till tommorrow so what could be the problem. :(

maybe ill have to get my money back from the scrappy and buy another radio that i know will work i know a citroen scrappy and he allways has good xantia radio,s in and on the shelf and they work but the problem is he does,nt open weekends wich is really the only time i can get over there unless i make a special trip over there after work and that takes me well out of my way as well as all the rush hour traffic to contend with
:roll:
pete..................
Drives
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

the radio code has been tried wrong that many times that he is having a right job to unlock it
Sounds a bit odd to me. If you know what you're doing, it's a simple matter to discharge the memory backup capacitor so that the radio doesn't know that a wrong code has previously been entered.
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi dnsey and everybody

how long does that normaly take to discharge that capacitor he had my radio 2 days i know he said he had to get to the ic and get the number off it . anyway after leaving it with him ive got my radio back today and all is fine now so ive got my tunes back in the car :D . the only thing he could,nt do was replace the bulbs but i,ll have to take somewhere else for that

pete.......................................
Drives
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Capacitor discharge will be instantaneous - all you have to do is to locate it and short it by connecting its 2 terminals together.
jeremy
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

hi jeremy

nice to hear from you agian on this new site, boy that sounds really easy so i dont know why he kept the radio for a couple of days but still its working now and that,s what matters. but what about the bulbs are they really that hard to do that ive got to take the radio back into another shop to get them done as none of them are working now since ive had it decoded

pete.....................
Drives