ZX Power Steering Pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yangreen

ZX Power Steering Pump

Post by yangreen »

Hi

I'd like your views on this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-CITROEN-ZX-A ... dZViewItem

Power Steering pump has gone. How easy would it be to replace? Forgot the fact that the car is in Yorkshire and I'm in Northants for now! Am toying with getting a ZX and I doubt this'll go for much. Well, if I hadn't just advertised it on a French Car Forum anyway...

Maybe I should stick to hunting for a decent, unthrashed Volcane. (See Am I mad topic in General)

Ian
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

The pump is just a few bolts to replace and there are plenty in the B/Yard.
I would suggest you change the Ancilerly belt and renew the P/S Fluid at the same time.
Even White wings should not no be a problem for this ZX.
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I've just noticed that the front bumper appears to be held on with screws! Looks like my sort of car! At that money, could paint it with a roller.

Are the ZX auto's ok generally?

Ian
1986 Citroën 2cv Dolly. 133k. All shiny again!
1994 Citroën AX 1.0 Jive - girlies' workhorse GONE
ayden
My Cars:

Post by ayden »

I was bidding on that :lol: but someone outbid me not sure if i will rebid as im in portsmouth :shock: bit far for me
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

James UK is the chap to talk to about automatic ZXs, he has owned a couple of them, my mate has one and his only criticism is that they are thirsty around town due to being in first gear until around forty mph!
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I hope you noticed this ZX has a petrol engine?? :shock: In my experience of the 1.9 diesel autos they are brilliant. :D how well the gearbox works when married to a petrol engine I really can't say..

As Stewart has said, the only problem I have found with the 1.9D auto is the fact that it wont go into top gear under 40 mph, so round town it will only do about 30 mpg! Mine averages out at about 40 mph overall.. :) maybe the petrol engine changes earlier, but I doubt it..
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.