ZX Boot Lock Solenoid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

ZX Boot Lock Solenoid

Post by RichardW »

The boot lock on the ZX unlocks no problem, but it seems to have lost any ability it ever had to hold itself in the locked position. After a short drive or opening the boot a couple of times it drops back into the locked position, necessitating a lock/unlock cycle to get in the boot. Anybody know if it's possible to dismantle and repair, or do I need a trip to the dealer and hand over some body parts for a new one? (In which case we'll probably just live with it!)
Richard W
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think the hatch door lock motor may be the same size as the generic ones sold by Maplins for about £7. There are 2 types - a 5 cable and a 2 cable. The 5 cable is for a front door with a key lock and the 2 cable for a back door without.

I had a 5 cable one fail on my BX and thought I would fit one of these - I was expecting to have to reposition it on the door frame and make a link from the rod provided - so imagine my surprise when it bolted straight in and the existing rod fitted exactly - which leads me to wonder if all these things are much the same.

While I've never taken the one off the ZX I have had the lock out of ours and the motor looked similar to a door one
jeremy
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

Note that the hatch on the zx will lock itself automatically after it has been opened (presumably to stop tealeaves running off with your shopping at the traffic lights - a lock/unlock is then needed to open.

Ron
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

Hi Richard, You will find that the small spring that keeps the bias on the lock lever broken. The central locking locks,but when opened,with no spring tension the lever drops and relocks the boot. It is a common fault on discoverys.
citroenbx

Post by citroenbx »

On my way to the breakers tomorrow..My ZX locks but will not unlock.
The noid was weak when i tested it.
I got a replacment solanoid from a ZX at the breakers but found the holes didn't match up,so be carefull here.
Luckily i think in the B/Yard there has a 95 model but it does seem Citroen changed the way the noid was mounted through out the years.

TIP: Take your old with you.

Cheers
Life feels good just as you complete No4 Glow Plug on a ZX-TD