Citroen ZX meet

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

smirnofff

Citroen ZX meet

Post by smirnofff »

I want to organize a meet for owners of tuned citroen ZXs. I think these cars are highly underrated and have been largely missed by the tuning company. If we could organize a group of modified cars getting together and invite magazines also, then we could be onto a winner.
Check out my motor at: http://groups.msn.com/gooeyville
if anyone interested can leave me a message maybe we can get the ball rolling on this.

all the best :D
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

You put a 3.0L V6 in a ZX, now thats what i call a mod!
Peugeot 206 Sport HDi 3-Door
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

ooo err missus, thas a mighty engine.
Don't have the time or money to do anything like that to mine, but would be interested in going none the less, depending on where it is!
  ...:::CITROENZX:::...
c7rlf

Post by c7rlf »

Give us some pictures!!!!!!!

Please excuse the language ........3.0 V6 + ZX You mad mad F)(ker :D :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Formally known as PARANOID
smirnofff

pictures

Post by smirnofff »

jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Are there any tuned ZX's? - or are you going to be on your own?
jeremy
smirnofff

Post by smirnofff »

i haven't had enough of a response yet to arrange any sort of meet.

PLEASE PEOPLE!
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WITH A MODIFIED ZX WHO WANTS TO MEET? MAYBE AT A TRACK SOMEWHERE?

If i can get some resaponses, then maybe i can figure out somewhere central for everyone.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

When does a ZX stop being a ZX? :shock: I once drove a Mk 10 Jaguar that had been fitted with a huge diesel engine. Was it still a Jag? it certainly didn't drive like one! in fact it drove more like a Sherman tank.. lol... It returned about 35 mpg though. :?

But.. I think it made more sense than putting big highly tuned engines in tiny cars and getting 90% less mpg than the original!! :roll:

I believe in 'horses for courses', first.. decide what you want from a car, then buy a car that meets your requirements. :)
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

I think the point here is that Smirnoff has taken the time and effort to make a good car better (in my opinion) and that he's looking for some other folks who are equally demented (no offence like) to compare notes with. He's only going to get 90% worse fuel consumption if hes driving at motorway speeds in third for hours on end (if your V6 sounds as good as my V6, I wouldn't blame you), and he'll probably get better economy than the 406 he got the engine out of as the ZX weighs naff all.

A word of warning though, if you're going to appreciate the sonorous (sp?) nature of your exhaust note in a tunnel, make sure your not being followed by some rozzers. I was, and I have the points on my license to prove it!!

Village
French car free zone....
smirnofff

Post by smirnofff »

thanks for the support, and yes i am demented - i did it all for a bet!

oh, and good advice about the tunnel!
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

the big question that remains to be asked is: "how does it drive?" does the extra weight over the nose cause understeer?
French car free zone....
smirnofff

Post by smirnofff »

I haven't noticed any increase in understeer, maybe because it was off the road for a few years before the mods, and everything was done at the same time. but understeer is rare - except of course if you play with the throttle in the wet!! if anything, the back end feels pretty loose. at the end of the day, its not a rally car, drive smooth and you'll get big gains, mess it about and it'll throw you out the window.
i think the spax rsx suspension is a big help, along with my secret rear suspension mod.
got a 75bhp nitrous kit off ebay the other day !!

http://groups.msn.com/gooeyville/
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Well, my flabber has been truely gasted!
There I was this morning looking at the Swedish equivalent of fleabay (Blocket) and wondering if the '97 ZX 1.9 TD break with blown engine could be a place for me to put my spare 2.1 TD12 engine - and then thinking - no way - when this comes along!

Maybe I will then?

Congrats on the immaculate conception, sorry conversion!

//NiSk
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

I know where you're coming from there NiSK, I've been trawling through ebay for a suitable ZX home for the V6 from my Cavalier (Vectra to our European cousins). Unfortunately my complete lack of mechanical ability has consigned this idea to the scrap heap....

Anyone else who feels up to the job, the Cavs up for grabs!

Village
French car free zone....
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Village wrote:the big question that remains to be asked is: "how does it drive?" does the extra weight over the nose cause understeer?
If the V6 is all alloy, then it may well weigh less than or just about the same as the 1.9td... There must be others here that remember how popular it was to put the rover V8 into a capri... The V8 weighed about the same as the 2.0 pinto.. and very much less than the essex v6.

Smirnoff.. I salute you.. that looks a job well done.. if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't believe anyone without the backing of a major workshop could do it. Why don't you write the whole job up and post it ? best wishes Martin
I won't do that again