AX Headlights tempromental.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

maddave

AX Headlights tempromental.

Post by maddave »

hi, my girlfriends AX has developed a strange problem. If you turn the car on the side lights work and the main beam but not the standard lights. If you switch all the lights on and off a couple of times, or whack the dash board like the Fonz, they sometimes come on! (Aayyyy!)

Its getting a bit annoying now the nights are drawing in.

Where can I be looking. Is there a relay or something thats causing problems?

Cheers.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

sounds like lighting stalk needs replacing, although when i started to read you post i was going to say the usual fault is a bad earth at the earth points on the rear of the front panel either side of the rad
regards malcolm
maddave

Post by maddave »

Just to add to this incase somone has the same problem and does a search.

I finally managed to get a chance to have a look at this problem and found it was a relay that was causing the problem. I took the cover of the fuse box in the dash panel and played with some of the relays there but found nothing. On checking the the backs of the wires for the relays I managed to find one rougue relay pretty much stuffed in the back sitting on the top of the others. When I touched this, magically the lights came on! So pulled it out and wiggled the wires and the lights went off again! So, one brand new £3, 5 pin relay later and the lights work great!