Main Dealers!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mr Pat
My Cars:

Post by Mr Pat »

We're back!!

I wanted the little 7mm ball bearing that is behind the pressure release screw, as I thought I had lost it.
My local dealer said can't buy just that , need to by whole pressure reg and sphere!!!
£ 300 odd quid.
So of course I bought 3 just in case I lost the ball bearing again. ( Wise move don't you think?).
Same dealers spent 3 hours with my Activa trying to sort out my suspension woes ,charged me only for 1.5 hours £115 but could not find anything wrong it, as it is an intermittent fault.
Rip off or what I went home crying and guess what?
They mech***ic broke 2 studs off my locking wheelnut key and said nothing.
Arguing with them did nowt so had to buy 4 ally wheel studs to replace locking ones as you can't just buy the key, have to buy whole set!!!!!
Smile: God loves you!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Mr Pat wrote:I bought 3 just in case I lost the ball bearing again.
I think that we're allowed to have doubts about that. :roll:
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
reddeathdrinker

Post by reddeathdrinker »

My local main dealer (Forres) is the same :)

Luckily, because the Cit garage has been around here for so long, the small, local garages all have Citroen servicing stuff on hand. They can even make hydraulic pipes up, at 1/3 of the main dealer price :D The biggest taxi firm in town runs exclusivly on Xantias, and there's always plenty of Xant's for sale locally. I got mine from Buckie, about 20 miles along the coast.
'96 Xantia 2.0i 16v SX Estate
ayden
My Cars:

Post by ayden »

When my Dad was getting the intercooler for his synergie he thought what the hell i will go into the stealership see what they charge i cant remember exactly what they charge but it was in the area of £250+ inc VAT without fitting, then he was speaking to a friend of his who happend to know where to get intercoolers from so he gave them a call and they wanted about £130 inc VAT now heres the bombshell ....... the company he bought his £130 intercooler was exactly the same company who make and supply the stealership who gave us the quote of £250+ for the same intercooler :shock: so i suppose its cheaper to go to the supplier :D
85 ' 305 SRD estate - scrapped
92 ' Fiat uno speed machine - scrapped
00 ' Citroen synergie HDI "the beast" - still going. . . . just
94' cavalier