alloy wheels for CX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

freek
My Cars:

alloy wheels for CX

Post by freek »

Hi,
I'm using my CX GTI turbo2 more than ever, and with the winter season coming, I was thinking of changing my TRX tires and wheels for 'normal' alloy wheels with winter tires mounted. It seems that some wheels do fit on the CX. You can find some information for example in http://web.telia.com/~u84003985/CITROEN/CXFALG.HTM#Trx.
The wheels of the Cit Evasion or Peug 806 are mentioned there as alternatives, because they have the same PCD of 98 mm. So I bought a set second hand from a Evasion with 205/65-15 tires. But when I tried to fit a wheel at the rear a problem occurred: the off set (ET value) is not the same. For the CX it is 45 mm, and for the new wheels I guess it will be 30 mm or so. Result: the wheel is too much to the outside and the plastic covers will not fit. I was so disappointed that I didn't look further but I even doubt that there is enough space in the wheel arches. Does anyone as experience on this subject, and can give me some advice?
Regards, Freek
BernieLugg
My Cars:

Post by BernieLugg »

http://www.kompressor.no/felger/boltesirkel.htm

Try this link - will give you cross matching of different wheel types.
freek
My Cars:

Post by freek »

Hi Bernie,
Very quick response! But the adress you mentioned is not active I'm afraid..
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Alfa Romeo 5 Stud alloys fit, The versions that carry 195 section tyres seem best value.

Try e-bay for a set.
"Rust Never Sleeps" said Neil Young. Did he own old citroens?
1998 Xantia TD exclusive auto estate +3 x BX's +77' ami 8 break + 73' dyane 6 + '83 2CV6 + 94' XM 2.1 sx auto + 89' XM2.0i
+ '85' GSA + '97 XM 2.0 16v + '81 Visa super E
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
freek
My Cars:

Post by freek »

Yep, this time it responded. This is what I was hoping for! I imported it in Excel, so now I can sort it on the required characteristics. Great! Thank you very much Bernie.
freek
My Cars:

Post by freek »

As a service who are considering the same: the site Bernie refers to gives the following matching types:
ALFA ROMEO 3.0 V6
ALFA ROMEO 156 97-
ALFA ROMEO 164 5 bolt 88-
ALFA ROMEO GTV 95-
ALFA ROMEO Spider 95-
Other types will result in a disappointment (as I experienced). The offset of the Evasion wheels is almost 2 cm too small.
Regards, Freek