Next Car......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Next Car......

Post by mezuk04 »

.....Well next year i think i have decided on what car i would be interested in....i do 40,000 in a year so it makes a little sense to change each year.....I've rather taken a fancy to XM's.....

Got a call at work from a member of the public to say their were gypsies just off the motorway, had a look a low and behold there were, drove down onto a closed road, spoke with a contractor who was replacing some fibre optic cable and there it was a XM, it was a foreigner off North somewhere but had come off the motorway and drove onto a signed off closed road....i saw the reverse lights bright up at the rear from out of no where....and well thats when it stuck....there bloody nice...havent seen the inside....but i have a smoldering passion now
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Like i say on my signature... love! :D
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Get one - preferably from '93 or newer. A TD12 (2.1 Diesel) for the most frugal large car ever, a 2.5 TD if you dont like changing gear that often and like blowing away BMW's and Mercs in top gear, a V6 if you just love power and can afford the fuel bill.

A big change occured in '95 - the series 2, both bodywork modifications and even more electronics, especially to the diesel engines.

My first XM was a 1991 injection (company car), the second was a '93 TD12, which I still have (530,000 km later) unfortunately only as a spares reserve after it got hit in the front passanger door by a Volvo FH12 truck at 50 mph! The car was still drivable and the door openable after the crash, but the main chassis rails all bent and the windscreen lozenged. Both myself and the passenger climbed out without a scratch . . .

The latest is a '98 TD2.5 break - wow! what a puller - and so sofisticated you can hang a 1 1/2 ton trailer on the back and not even notice it!

Just make sure that its been well looked after and the CAMREM has been changed at requisit intervalls!

The rest you can read about from itens in the archives (assuming they get the teething problems sorted).

//NiSk