Plip (fixed) - but get this.......

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

j_roc

Plip (fixed) - but get this.......

Post by j_roc »

Finally after 6 months of owning my Xantia, I have fixed the remote locking. I had (second hand) plips given to me, receviers batteries, IR emmiters and so on, and on......The problem that I traced back to the passenger footwell. Under the plastic cover plate there are connection multiplugs. The matrix for the heater must have leaked (before I owned the car) onto the plug causing non working remote locking and alarm failure. The plug was in a awfull state - it was in a "ball" of crumbly white powder (if you're R/L is non working have a check of the plug). After fixing the problem by bridging the connections with crimp connectors, I now have a alarm and remote locking [8D] [8D] [8D]. But for every good.....
As my keyfob is in a poor state (the rubber over the buttons has come off) I phoned Citroen (Bassets, Swansea) to find out how much a new key cut and housing would be. I was told that I could have a new key cut but I wouldent be able to buy a new housing <b>without</b> buying a new remote unit. Price (Citroen) as follows :-
Remote (and housing) - £69.00 + VAT, part no 6552CV
New key - £10.20 + VAT, part no 9926Q2
Rivet (as I remember) £1.20 + VAT, part no 9921Q4
My question is this - Is he trying to sh*ft me for £70 + Vat for a new keyfob, or can I just have a new housing and key cut for say £20? - Thank's, Alex.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I had the same reply from my local agent. I ended up buying an old keyfob from a srap car for a £5. The bonus is that it worked, and the rubber button is ok.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Thats odd, we used to get just the rubber button bit from westheath citroen in farnborough for about £4, you just rip the old one off and glue the new one on,
And they also supplied replacement housings with a new bar and punch so that you could reuse your old key to save getting a new one cut, they were about £12 i seem to remember
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Interesting. I have to be honest, I thought that he was trying to s*rew me for more money. I wouldent mind paying the £80 for a new keyfob if I needed it, but as mine is working fine why should I? I may have to try other dealers, or as johnT's case - find a scrapper with a good housing/rubber button and swap my key over to it - Alex.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Alex, this may be worth a bid http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-Xantia-pl ... dZViewItem
My local stealer in Rainham, Kent quoted 80 quid when I was looking. Managed to repair my original [:D]
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Thanks for that tony, I will be watching it very closely. If it cost me £35 it wouldent bother me as I would be saving myself £50. Thanks to all once again - Alex.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi replaced my cover a few months back ,I bought a new empty case and the rivet and clip ,have phoned my local dealer for the part numbers and will post them when he gets back to me.Regards john.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

If you could find out the part number Mr Alexander, I would appreciate that very much. Im sure that my local stealer was just saying I had to have a new plip unit just for my money......[:(!] - Alex.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi quick update, this case is one of the items that has got lost in the system .The part numbers do not appear in the parts dept system and citroen have to be phoned by the dealer to get the info .and they wonder why they can't sell the stuff !!!!.john.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

It's ok thanks. I managed to find a Xantia in a breakers close to me, that has a good plip body on it. I had to re-solder the buttons from the new plip onto my plip pcb board, as the buttons were different and would not reach the rubber on the housing (I had yellow round buttons, but had to put the black square one's on). Off to the stealer to have the key's swapped over tomorrow. Thank's all the same to all - Alex. P.S if annyone is looking for BX parts (A TZD Turbo) in dark green - (it looked quite nice, apart from N/S/F window) then try 700 auto spares, Pontarddulais, Swansea.
ConLaw

Post by ConLaw »

I purchased a new casing and rivet from Broads Citroen in Watford about 3 weeks ago and they knew the number and had the items on the shelf too. Not bad service from a main dealer - they even gave me 10/15% on the strength of a letter head....I swapped the PCB from black button to the yellow button type and added two small squares of recycled creditcard to build the height up, now the button activates on demand!
sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 »

From the info i have the part numbers are as follows
Xantia I
00006554G8 , 00006552wz 00006552cv Approx £80-£90
Xantia II
00006552qz 00006552tz 00006552ra Approx £55.08
just the rubber bit is 00009926fe Approx £5.35
Hope these are correct and of some use.
Sleepy0905[:D]
Prices obtained from the following web page you will need to register though
http://www.citroen-pr.net