Xantia Radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

Xantia Radio

Post by born2die »

Good afternoon
My problem is that I have poer to the radio IE the code light lights up and flashes but when I go to turn the radio on nothing no power the code light keeps flashing. I have just recieved a second unit from marty ( many thanks it looks great) but the same thing so now I am confused what am I missing. I have checked all fuses and that all seems to be ok new main battery terminals so thats ok and I have had allok at the wiring that is connected to the pins on the back of the stereo and that all seems ok. I dont have access to a miltimeter so I cant measure if there is any current there.
am I missing something silly easdy or is it a dreaded citroen electrical thing.
Any suggestions welcome as no radio is now driving me round the bend
Thsnkd in advance
tristian
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

If you've got the code signal flashing, then it seems safe to suppose that the power to your radio is fine. So what happens when you key in the four-digit code? Nothing much is ever going to happen, sound-wise, until you've got through that stage.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

the display doesnt even llight up hence buying a second radio but all to no avail
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Is there power at the ignition-controlled terminal? If not, but the fuse is OK, try putting the fuse in the 'always on' position to eliminate the switch.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

just noticed that you don't have a multimeter. Must be worth getting a basic one for a fiver [;)], but failing that, use a bulb to check.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

I know I must get one I need to track down the alarm fault as well it works 10-15 times then stops working pull the fuse put it back in and it works fine again??.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Tristian - sorry Im being a Numpty - just emailed you the code for the radio.