CX blower control S1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

CX blower control S1

Post by Stinkwheel »

Anyone know anything about S1 CX blowers? Mine only works on full speed, dont get anything in the other positions at all.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

From memory I believe the series I had a rather simple blower speed control circuit. Much like the BX series I.
At full speed the controller wheel directly earths the blower.
At medium & low speed - 1 resp. 2 resistors - are connected in series to earth.
It's then the medium speed resistor that is burned/corroded out.
You will have to disassemble the air intake tower down to the blower to get at the resistor pack. Not as frightening as it seems - but the lower part can be a real teaser to get out.
Or you may modify the whole lot for the series II transistor module control circuit [:D]
- as this is simply inserted in the full speed connection at the control wheel [;)]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Sounds like you'll have to scrap it Matt! I'd take it off your hands to save you the trouble...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

dont the mk1 have levers for heater controls,usuly one or more of the wires at the bottom of said levers snaps off leving you with either partial fan speed or none at all,these wires are atached with large lucar terminals
regards malcolm
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Anders and Citronut, both good suggestions i feel. Will check them out tomorrow. Ian, if you fancy it, tough :-P unless you want to wave cash in front of me :-)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

by the by the fan speed resistor is in the side of the fan housing in the engine compartment,if i remeber you need to remove the lid on the fan housing to gain full acces
regards malcolm