Xantia's ABS sensors' connectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

skeeheng
My Cars:

Xantia's ABS sensors' connectors

Post by skeeheng »

I've combed through but found little in the forum discussions to assist in locating the connectors at the end of the sensors under the Xantia. A paper kindly pointed out by a forum member was in Scandinavian and the translation does refer to locating the one for front off-side; unfortunately I am no wiser decrypting the translated passage!
Would someone help, please? I thought it'll be wise to check for bad contacts before rushing out for a new sensor.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

You'll find the pinout info on this post
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... PIC_ID=625
Brian
97 Xantia TD
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Just follow the leads from the sensors.
skeeheng
My Cars:

Post by skeeheng »

Thanks, Brian, Peter. Pinout info is not the problem - for the front of-side the difficulty is trailing the sensor cable amongst pipework and cables hidden in the metalwork of the sub-frame. I was hoping that this has been previously mapped and the coordinates of the sensor connectors would definitely be a great help. You know what they say about re-inventing the wheel ....... .
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Connectors are at the subframe each side. If there is still an under engine tray remove and you will see the green connector blocks.
Brian
skeeheng
My Cars:

Post by skeeheng »

Thanks, Brian. Very much appreciated!
Kee
skeeheng
My Cars:

Post by skeeheng »

Thanks to Brian the front off-side is 'cracked'. I had a look at the rear near-side and was horiified to find the cable disappear into nothingness. Well, perhaps more accurately to say it seems to be routed into the rear cabin. I had a liitle prowl in the cabin with the seat displaced but is still mystified. Some helpful comments, please!
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

On the rear of the car the wires pass up through the rubber grommet and across the top of the rear subframe. Its a bit of a job to get up at the - infact on the on the passenger side I took off the silence box to get more access to the joint. They are also clipped onto the chassis/subframe with plastic connectors that either come apart first time or decide not to !. Its a case of feel the way, luckily I have a pit which makes it a bit easier.
Brian
skeeheng
My Cars:

Post by skeeheng »

Thanks, Brian. Having submitted the poser to the forum, I decided to take another look under the car. Armed with a 500W spot and tugging, groping I finger-tipped for the cable after the tight rubber grommet but failed. It was previously at this point that I thought it passed into the cabin. Tugging & groping I eventually discovered a somewhat inaccessible green connector which I had to presume connect to the sensor. On detaching the connector the sensor was found to be OK. Tested again at the ECU plug end and this time confirmed OK.
Moral of the story is this. We cannot assume a bad sensor if it measures open-circuit at the ECU end. In my case it was caused by bad contact(s) on the connector. I haven't saved myself the cost of the rear sensor because unfortunately racing against time I took a position on the matter & placed the order for the replacement with GSF!