C4 What do you think

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITROEN-SUCKER

C4 What do you think

Post by CITROEN-SUCKER »

Hi all
Well what with the recent hassel about the cat on my C5 I'm thinking of going for new Had looked at C3 & C4[:D] both with the HDI engine I think my buget would only allow for the 1.6hdi in a sx or vtr+ but not sure as this would be my 1st brand new car. The big plus is no MOT low Tax Great fuel and 3 year warrenty that means if it breaks citroen sort it not me ( to be has to be a citroen its in my blood since my 1st BX)
Looking forward to you thoughts
Thanks
J.J.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

You will miss the HP suspension, as i've heard the C4 is a bit on the hard side.
In my opinion, the C4 is cute, especially the 4-door version, and the steering wheel...
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

Well they sure look nice.
I dont like new cars. The controls are always woman friendly and the suspensions are specified by motoring journalists as if they know what a good suspension setup is. My mums fiesta is bloody horrible with its funny steering, super springy clutch and roll free suspension.
Having said that that is just what people want in their new cars so I reckon they are all like that. In that case I would consider the C4 as a decent motor if it had reasonable fuel economy (our old Xsara wasn't anything special there) and was a nice car to be in and look at, which apparently it is!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Seemed claustrophobic inside to me. I 'm not very keen on the gimmicky controls.
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

The C3 is a fine car mega headroom in my C3 XTR. The sensodrive box is nise too but is not availible on the diesel. I love the C4 but I am going to wait 3 years untill the C6 comes down to about £8K on the second hand market. ;-)