C5 Estate cargo door window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnway
My Cars:

C5 Estate cargo door window

Post by johnway »

And yet another one! - anybody had experience of the tailgate window not opening? Was told by Citroen that it could be a common switch problem or that the whole window might need replacing!! Sounds expensive for such a minor "luxury"!! John.
John@way6598.freeserve.co.uk
hswift
My Cars:

Post by hswift »

Dead common. They replace the whole glass, assuming it's under warranty. Mine has been done twice.
H
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

to check the switch just unplug the connector on the inside & bridge the two terminals out with a piece of wire & see if it pops open but its more likely to be the glass,check down the n/s of the glass on the inside & see if the electrical tracks are corroding.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

It'll be the tailgate glass, they all do it Sir!
I had mine replaced three times under warranty...
Regards
Philip
johnway
My Cars:

Post by johnway »

Brilliant advice!! Many thanks. John.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

to check the switch just unplug the connector on the inside & bridge the two terminals out with a piece of wire & see if it pops open but its more likely to be the glass,check down the n/s of the glass on the inside & see if the electrical tracks are corroding.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">