Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ciaran</i>
I've since found out it does have it, just the siren was disabled.... and the alarm only activates with the plip (which of course, I don't have [:)])
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Well assuming its a 1997 or earlier with the IR plip (sensor in the ceiling) then you should have no trouble in obtaining a second hand 2 button plip and programming the car to work with it.
Just cross your fingers that the receiver in the car is ok, as when we tried to program my Dad's one to work with my plip we finally concluded that his receiver is faulty. [V]
Fortunately the receiver is very easy to get out and replace - grasp the rear edge of the panel with the dome on it and pull it down, (it hooks on the front edge) and the whole thing comes out of the ceiling and unplugs in just a few seconds.
That little black box with one plug on it is the entire receiver, and at least in the case of Dad's car we found that plugging my receiver box into his car worked...
Regards,
Simon
Ciaran
My Cars:

Post by Ciaran »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>
That black plastic box is the box that contains the engine ECU, and Hydractive 2 ECU on models that have it. Surely your car has the engine ECU ? All the Haynes pictures for the different engines all show that box...
Here are a couple of pics of my 2 litre petrol showing the box and whats in it. Lid on:
http://homepages.igrin.co.nz/simon/imag ... ngine1.jpg
Lid off: (Left unit is engine ECU, right is HA2 computer)
http://homepages.igrin.co.nz/simon/imag ... ngine2.jpg
If your ECU isn't there I wonder where it is ???
Regards,
Simon
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Weird indeed. Come to think of it, the ECUs in my 2 litre petrol XM were in that exact location too. That said, I wasn't aware the old TD models needed ECUs, as they're mechanically driven ?
I know the HDI's are a different story, though.