Complete Door Mirror required??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steviewonder7
My Cars:

Complete Door Mirror required??

Post by steviewonder7 »

Hi Folks,
Woke up this morning to find some hooligan(s) have smashed off my nearside door mirror,which is sadly just sitting there at the moment.Does anyone have a spare unwanted complete mirror assembley they wish to sell to me.
Its an electric assembley for a 1994 Xantia,sx model.Not VSX-apparently they dont fit or the electricals are different.I know I could go to a 'stealer',obviously dont fancy paying their prices.Gsf price them at £45 which I may have to pay-but that'll be next month(short of funds at the mo).[:(]
Thanks to any replies,Stevie the wingless one.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Try a scrapyard, I would have thought there would have been plenty about.
cosb6

Post by cosb6 »

Normally some on ebay....
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

I think you may find that Vehicle Dismantlers (scrapyards) have cottoned on to the resale value of these items and have been offering them at ever increasing prices. Even Ebayers are doing the same.
Lucas Industries, that well known after market parts manufacturer were offering them for about £28.00 plus Vat, but you will have to find a source.
I am still looking as well!
If I could have caught the little toe-rag that busted my mirror and dented my door on an otherwise perfect car, I would have a few spare nuts to add to my parts bins.
steviewonder7
My Cars:

Post by steviewonder7 »

I looked on E Bay and found the prices uncompetitive as you say.
Must be the same 'toe-rag' clan,this one,so I found out through evidence,decided it would be good idea to leave their' FOOTPRINT'behind....and get this...it was on the SUNROOF!!!Luckily for them(not that that I could find the B******)it wasn't damaged.
Anyway enough of the rant,I'll keep looking,as I find the space where the mirror was fitted
disconcerting.
Cheers