1360 tu3s question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mi205

1360 tu3s question

Post by mi205 »

question for any one with knowlage on the ax gt or 205xs tu3s engines..
hi i have a 205 with an ax gt engine in it for my run about car, the problem was the car was overheating and boiling over. i cheked my fan which was kicking in ghanged my thrmostat blew out coolant pipes and re bled.(problem still there)

I then removed the cylinder head gasket, not much sign off damage checked water pump ok also. Then when checking out the block i found about 2mm off play in number 1 cylinder liner and very little on all others. is this usuall or does any one have any previous experiance with problems like this.
Much appreciated MI205[:D]
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Most likely problem is a furred up radiator.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

I too have such a car and recently had the head off. There was absolutely no play at all in any of the cylinder liners, nor should there be.
Having said that, a loose liner shoudl just leak oil, not cause pressure in the water system.
Is the radiator blocked? I put a hosepipe in the top of mine and watched the dirty water come out of the bottom hose until it was clean.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Sounds like a liner seal has gone. Measure the liner protrusion above block to see if the liner has sunk into the block which will mean that the headgasket will not seal properly hence the pressurisation.
Bear in mind that you should never attempt to move the liner as it will break the seal, which will mean a total engine rebuild to fix the offending seal.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if the piston linners are at corect pertrusion from block,you must "NOT"move or wigle them as you will most definatly break the seal at the bottom of linner,then you will have probs,whilst the head is off you must fit a bar across the top of the linners to stop them moveing
regards malcolm