Bl***y Plips

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter mawer
My Cars:

Bl***y Plips

Post by peter mawer »

Okay, purchased a t reg xantia 6 months ago. lovely car but I only have one key, about a month ago when the plip stopped working went to the local citroen dealer who quoted me £78 to check if the key was faulty, £30 for a new key and £78.00 to programme it, rather shocked at this I took the key to a local key chap cutter who put the key in a machine type thing electrode display and said the transponder was okay ?, The circuit board was faulty, and he could not do one because it was a mega krypton type thing ( my words not his )that used a new code every time I started the ignition therefore I would have to go back to citroen. I troddled back to the said Barkers in Grimsby and after explaining this to the guy he said " Beyond me mate, its £78.00 etc. etc. " I only have one plip, no spare key, can anyone help, I get the impression that Citcon have less idea than I do, and that takes some doing :-)
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Try this from http://www.citroen-andre.com/ under "Special Offers". However, I'm unsure if Xantias use a "Kiekert relay"
"<font color="red"><i><b>Infra-red sender defective or lost ? We have a perfect (radio controlled) replacement. No instructions neccessary; just replace original relay (in the center console) with the new unit and it's operational!
The relay and the infrared receiver on the ceiling can be left in place but will not function anymore. A two minute job on certain models, others require a simple modification of the 9 pin connector. Extra senders available for EUR 25,-
Price EUR 85,- (ex. shipping, ex. VAT/MwST/TVA/BTW).
Works on all Citroen, Peugeot and other models with a "Kiekert" relay. The kit has an output for an auxilary "blink" kit. With this easy to install kit your signals will blink when you open (1x) and close (2x) your doors using the remote control. Price of this kit is only EUR 25,- (ex. VAT)</b></i></font id="red"> "
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

I have asked an ebayer who reconditions renault plips to see if he does xantia plips
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Just had a reply to the above from this Renault plip ebayer:
"<font color="red"><b><i>Hi, unfortunatly, the repair on the citroen key fob, dose'nt seem to last long so I have stopped repairing them</i></b></font id="red">"
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I think there are a couple of plips on Ebay at the moment, if you know how to reprogramme yourself that is although there will be more than enough info on here on people's different methods