Air Con Compressor Information Needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Air Con Compressor Information Needed

Post by mezuk04 »

Ok so got the Xantia a couple of weeks ago but the air con compressor was replaced with another one apparently from a "406 HDI" (yellow writing), went to the scrappers and took one off a slightly older XM but it was wrong.
Rang a parts dealer and apparently he has one for me for £58.75 inc VAT, but by the way he was on the phone he doesnt seem to have a clue, he gave me the part number for it.
Then rang a local Citroen Dealer and quoted the code "1106F", was told that thats not a relevant type of code but the chap looked for the unit in relation to my registration plate but nothing exact came up, so he told me there were two makes to choose from. Sandon & Harrison, unfortuantly there are then 4 different types of air con compressor from both of these makes, are you still following [:D].... but without an original compressor on my car i cant be certain which one i need.
So if anyone has the same car as myself from 1996 then i would really appreciate if you could tell me what is written on your air con compressor part if your able to, apparently 1996 was a change over period so there may be two to choose from.
Regards
Chris
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

We need one with union type fittings (threaded bits on nuts over the pipes) not the push in type held on with a bolt.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

bump
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

have you tried inputting your full VIN nno into PR-net. If the vehicle is fully identified, the parts list only presents actual parts fitted - might be worth a try
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If you scratch around on your compressor you should find a model number.
If it's a Sanden it will have possibly either a 7 or a 9 in the number which gives the size, the rest will indicate if it's an R12 or R134a unit as well as the type of fittings by using numbers which are the code for the various specs.
Alan S
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

The compressor fitted is the wrong one, its off a 406 HDI. Apparently the bearings failed in the correct one, and someones fitted this so the belt can be fitted (or so i believe). We dont have the original, which is where the problem arises.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

There are so many variations that unless they ran with a certain combination for a while, it may not be as simple as just pulling a part number out of the book based on VIN numbers or even using another car as an exampple.
I'd suggest that at least study the first 10 pages or so of this so you know what you're looking for, then if someone comes up with a potential replacement, you can tick off the various features to get an idea if it will fit and work.
http://www.sanden.com/support/pdf/sd7servicemanual.pdf
Port positions and types should all be relevant, although hoses can be made up to suit the application and don't necessarily have to come from a dealer mainly because they'll be 3 times the price and potentially only as good a quality and no more.
Alan S
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Alan,
I think it may well be worth seeing what PR-net throws up; I have a Xantia V6 and for various parts if you look at the available replacements the liust shows 2 or 3 variants, but when I put in the VIN No, only one of those variants is offered. If the original poster does not have access, I would be happy to help if he gives me the full VIN No.
It does appear that the majority of Xantia were fitted with Sanden SD7H15 of some variant. Also quoted is SD7V16 but not stated what application.
http://www.bostoncompressor.com/compres ... &year=1997
gives a good resource - and using the Company method of in house part numbers gives a guide as to where major differences occur.
Hope this helps.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

There are so many variations that unless they ran with a certain combination for a while, it may not be as simple as just pulling a part number out of the book based on VIN numbers or even using another car as an exampple.
I'd suggest that at least study the first 10 pages or so of this so you know what you're looking for, then if someone comes up with a potential replacement, you can tick off the various features to get an idea if it will fit and work.
http://www.sanden.com/support/pdf/sd7servicemanual.pdf
Port positions and types should all be relevant, although hoses can be made up to suit the application and don't necessarily have to come from a dealer mainly because they'll be 3 times the price and potentially only as good a quality and no more.
Alan S
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

If you can buy a new compressor for £70 then I'd be very tempted to buy it and construct a system around that!
johnway
My Cars:

Post by johnway »

Hello,
Having been in the same boat you need a Harrison 1135 - 253.
2 that I have bought 2nd hand have been crap, so u r better off buying a new one (not from Cits at £450 though) There is a company in Tottenham who specialize in air con and can supply a new one for about £275 - word of warning though, although they supply the Harrison it does not come with the correct wiring for the eletric clutch so you need the old coil and loom and have to switch them over. Good luck with getting this off though as you will probably end up destroying the old pump. If you need any help, just ask. John.
John@way6598.freeserve.co.uk