Radio codes ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnlyn
My Cars:

Radio codes ??

Post by johnlyn »

I have just refitted the original radio/cassette (clarion) into my xantia & now it dont work, oops, its asking for the code, of which i dont have, do citroen or clarion have a master reset code to input. I havent touched it yet due to being locked out for i dont know how long!
John
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

Hi John,
If you E-mail me with the last four digits of your barcode i will give you the code(if there is two barcodes use the bottom one)
graeme at Letham.screaming.net
johnlyn
My Cars:

Post by johnlyn »

Hi Graeme,
A bit late at the moment, but as i recall there was no bar code on the unit, its a clarion pu-9667a, probably citroen standard issue.
John
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

well when i did the same thing on mine i did a quick search on a search engine and theres people on the net who can do the code for a fiver (well thats what i got mine 4) or try the local citroen dealer if there in a good mood they might tell u it for free (as long as u can prove u own the car)
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

look here and follow my link this should do the job for free
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... radio,code
hope this helps
tris
splat

Post by splat »

I got the code free from the Citroen dealer over the phone. All I had to do was quote the VIN number. Well, nobody is going to nick an 8 year old Xantia or its radio, are they?
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

I was after a code myself up unitl 5 minutes ago. I had tried ringing a number of Citroen main stealers and they all wanted £10+vat for a code. Also tried the radio code board, after 8 days and no replies I started looking for somewhere to buy a code. Found a great website (http://www.radio-code.co.uk/index.php?ea=welcome) £6, cheapest by far I found, they accepted paypal and took seconds and voila, got my code. Very happy!