Xsara central locking control unit.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ubg43
My Cars:

Xsara central locking control unit.

Post by ubg43 »

Can anyone tell me where the central locking control unit is located in a 2000 1.6 Xsara.
When I try to lock the car it unlocks immediately. I dont want to mess around pulling switches out of individual doors to test them - I'll just disable the relock function and be done with it.
Many thanks in advance.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You have a very common problem with a chafed control wire somewhere - most likely in the drivers door to A-pillar cabling bellow.
Its a dead easy and straightforward job - but time consuming to get access to wires inside door.
ubg43
My Cars:

Post by ubg43 »

Thanks - that is why I I dont want to mess around pulling switches out of individual doors to test them - I'll just disable the relock function and be done with it.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the chances are your xsara will be multiplexed so the central locking is controlled by the BSI unit located in the interior fusebox,i dont think this is the cause though.it will either be one of the front door latches or the wiring to it.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I am not familiar with the Xsara, but on a Xantia you can usually isolate a faulty lock switch by manually locking each door with the key or interior button. If you find that when using using just one door, the car stays locked, then that is the faulty lock.
ubg43
My Cars:

Post by ubg43 »

Yeah I get it. I just want to find out if anyone knows where the control unit is located.