which cd player?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mallyg
My Cars:

which cd player?

Post by mallyg »

I would like to install a cdplayer and multichanger in to my M reg Xantia but i also want to be able to use the steering wheel controls. Please could someone recommend a cd player that will work or will any cd player work with the steering wheel controls. I no idea about installing this kind of thing so any help would be appreciated
Thanks
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

from
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

sorry about that,don`t know what happened!
You will probably have several replies before I get this done but here goes anyway.
Apparently Kenwood is the only make which will work with the SW controls and you will also need a facia adaptor for your new CD(if you`re lucky your local Cit dealer will stock it for about£10,otherwise £20 from Ha$$££ds )
Autoleads sell a wiring adaptor for Sony units at around £33 but there are sometimes both adaptors for sale on Ebay.
Regards
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hiya Mallyg,
I had my factory fitted head unit and multichanger repalced a few months ago as the multichanger died on me.
I got a Kenwood head unit from Argos its a KDCW4031 that plays mp3 & wma cd's, using the wma format you an easily get 14 - 20 albums on to one cd and in my opinion they sound great, just as good as regular cd's I'd defy anyone to tell the difference in a car, now I got mine at a bargain price and got everything including facia adaptor, steering wheel control and arial booster for £95, just now it's currnetly £140 supplied snd fitted, the only extras are the facia adaptor, steering wheel control cable and the booster, which all in cost me an extra £27.50, that would give you a total of £167.50 still as cheap or cheaper than most places charge for a 6 disc cd changer, I just checked the Argos site and this one is going for half price, down to £140, which looks quite awsome, Kenwood KDC W6527 CD/Radio.
I hope this has given you something to think about as I would never go back to a multichanger now, one thing though Argos use several fitting companies, you dial a number and I think it depends on who answers 1st who you get, mine was fitted by Parklane so the others may not be as cheap but I still have their contact number if you required it.
Regards
Peter
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

I have a Sony mp3 player in my xantia works with the steering wheel controls etc.had to get the facia plate and the autoleads wiring lead but because its an mp3 player i can fit hundreds of songs on one cd.no need for a disk changer etc.