Xantia 1.9 T-Diesel stop solenoid

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dieseldo

Xantia 1.9 T-Diesel stop solenoid

Post by Dieseldo »

The stop solenoid on my 1996 Xantia 1.9 T-Diesel appears to be open circuit, so I can't get fuel to the injectors. It's Bosch, with the four wire connection. It's held in by 2 shear bolts in recesses which make it almost impossible to remove. At the moment it all measures o/c between any combination of the 4 pins, although I have 12v on 2 pins of the other half of the connector that plugs into it. Anybody know what the circuit looks like and what resistances I should be seeing? And how do I remove it from the pump?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hmm, it's not very straightforward. There should be a live feed, but the other wires are to do with the keypad communicating with the electronics in the solenoid - no idea what does what. Does the keypad still give you a green light after you enter the code?
Unfortunately there's only way to remove the solenoid, and that's to remove the injection pump, and then drill the security bolts out.
From previous posts I understand that it's possible to break into the loom somewhere, and supply a live to the solenoid which bypasses the immobiliser function, however, details have not been posted!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Have you checked the emergency fuel cut out, I dont know where it is on a Xantia but on the XM its by the top of the o/s suspension strut, its connected in series with the solonoid
stewart_c
My Cars:

Post by stewart_c »

I had trouble in the past with the immobiliser and the circuit was "doctored"to bypass the immobiliser so that the solenoid is fed from the purple wire. hope this helps.
Dieseldo

Post by Dieseldo »

Thanks to all, I tracked it down to the immobiliser. Cheers.