Xantia Stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

Xantia Stereo

Post by mezuk04 »

Im going to be putting in my JVC head unit with a boot changer, but i really really want and need to retain the steering wheel controls on my new lovely motor, is there some form of adapter i can buy to wire up these steering wheel controls dependant on whether the headunit itself also enables the use of this adapter?
Therefore i will be taking out the existing Xantia Radio but im unaware of a code for it, when i disconnect it does it retain its original default code ie '1111' in order to get it working again or if its disconnected without the programmed code (whether that is original or the reprogrammed number) does that mean its rendered useless?
Thanks!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Autoleads (www.autoleads.co.uk) do some adapters, they didn't do one for my Panasonic but I know they do them for the Xantia and Sony, not sure about JVC.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

You can find Autoleads-branded adapter cables on ebay. They're Sony compatible, so I don't know how that'll go with a JVC head unit. As Autoleads say on their website, "results may vary slightly between Sony head units" so be prepared for fun even with a Sony head unit. If I remember rightly, there are plenty of tales of woe on this forum as regards getting the steering controls to work.
As regards the old radio code, it should be on the little plastic card with the keypad code. If you don't have it, you should be able to get it decoded for 10 or 15 quid. As far as I know a backup battery or capacitor will retain the code even if you keep it plugged out for a long period. I have a program which might be able to work out the code - success rate is 50/50 in my experience with ZX radios. If you want me to email it to you let me know...