Citroen Technical Training Hydractive II manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Update:25 Sep 05
Hydractive II PDF link now available for view or download
Hi all,
Citroen Technical Training Hydractive II manual link now available!!
As some may already know, Richard Gallagher and myself have been working on making "Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia” available on the web. These manuals are from Citroen’s own in-house training for dealers, which I think worth publishing as it contains diagrams and lots of technical data for Hydractive that may not otherwise be available!
After many weeks copying, scanning and web building we’ve managed to get Hydractive I and II available, with Hydractive 3 and 3+ coming soon. Later we hope to get Activa and BX hydraulics up too!
It consist of photocopied pages in an album format. Each page range can be downloaded in a higher resolution JPG to allow zoom on complex diagrams etc: using Windows Image Viewer, for example or viewed in PDF for Adobe readers.
Pages not deemed useful have been excluded to cut down on site size. Generally speaking, 95% of the original manual(s) are included.
Personally, I’ve been hoping to offer something back to this excellent forum for some time as it’s really helped me out in the past. Hopefully this site can grow and become a real resource that may benefit many of us Citroen owners looking for published technical data and the alike. So if you’ve something to share email me at manuals@sbraud.co.uk
I’d like to thank vanny for his expertise in producing the quality PDFs for the site and for the time he spent converting my scanned images. Thanks vanny !! [;)][:D][:D]
The site has been kindly donated by SMJB Web design ``for all your web design needs!’’ So if you like the site and want one yourself for business or pleasure, email: info@smjb-solutions.co.uk for a quote. Plug over !!
Click http://www.stevenbraud.demon.co.uk to access Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia manual.
Cheers
Steve
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Thanks Steve,
This is wonderful. [:D] I'll be printing a copy out today.
You mention that some pages have been left out, can you comment on what kinds of things they contained ? Is there anything about whether the damper valves can be removed and replaced in the hydractive control blocks ?
Regards,
Simon
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Yes, Simon they do come out after removing the large (27mm I think) spigot that the HA pipes connect to.
Oh and thanks to Steve and Richard
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bernie</i>

Yes, Simon they do come out after removing the large (27mm I think) spigot that the HA pipes connect to.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
So they're only held in by the spigot and not an interference fit in the hole like the ones in a sphere neck ?
Regards,
Simon
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>

You mention that some pages have been left out, can you comment on what kinds of things they contained ?
Hi Mandrake,
As far as I'm aware the only parts left out are of the `acknowledgements’ and non technical variety. Richard G made the copies I used for site and would be best placed to answer this point. That said I’m sure when we discussed the manuals he said most of their content was available. Only a few pages that were of no value were dropped.
Cheers
Steve
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Excellent Frankie Baby - Excellent.
Good work[:D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mandrake</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bernie</i>

So they're only held in by the spigot and not an interference fit in the hole like the ones in a sphere neck ?
Regards,
Simon
Yes that's right Simon, the 2 HA2 blocks (mine 1999 and a spare 1996) have been the same.
Undo the 30mm nut (NOT 27mm as I said before) and there it is.
One more point the spigots are different I have because Citroen changed the pipes between block and cylinder on later models. Different angle crimped ends.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Yes that's right Simon, the 2 HA2 blocks (mine 1999 and a spare 1996) have been the same.
Undo the 30mm nut (NOT 27mm as I said before) and there it is.
Great, I think I might pull them out and have a look at them to confirm they're not "faulty" before trying a sphere with a valve for extra damping. I guess the only thing that could go wrong with them would be if the washers cracked or lost their stressing.
Is there some kind of identity which way around they go back in or are the damper rates for in and out the same ? Do you think I might be able to get them out in situ on the rear control block (just take the feed pipes to the cylinders out, and the spigots, and leave the main block in place) or would I need to take the entire block out to be able to get enough access to get the valves out and in again ?
Regards,
Simon
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

I removed the whole block to strip mine but after removing the pipes and spigots in situ, yes the valves fall out.
On mine the side with the number faced the pipes.
I've checked mine by sight but there does not seem to be much that can go wrong.
Note. I've only stripped the rears so far so I know you can get to them
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sbraud</i>

Update:25 Sep 05
Hydractive II PDF link now available for view or download
Hi all,
Citroen Technical Training Hydractive II manual link now available!!
As some may already know, Richard Gallagher and myself have been working on making "Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia” available on the web. These manuals are from Citroen’s own in-house training for dealers, which I think worth publishing as it contains diagrams and lots of technical data for Hydractive that may not otherwise be available!
After many weeks copying, scanning and web building we’ve managed to get Hydractive I and II available, with Hydractive 3 and 3+ coming soon. Later we hope to get Activa and BX hydraulics up too!
It consist of photocopied pages in an album format. Each page range can be downloaded in a higher resolution JPG to allow zoom on complex diagrams etc: using Windows Image Viewer, for example or viewed in PDF for Adobe readers.
Pages not deemed useful have been excluded to cut down on site size. Generally speaking, 95% of the original manual(s) are included.
Personally, I’ve been hoping to offer something back to this excellent forum for some time as it’s really helped me out in the past. Hopefully this site can grow and become a real resource that may benefit many of us Citroen owners looking for published technical data and the alike. So if you’ve something to share email me at manuals@sbraud.co.uk
I’d like to thank vanny for his expertise in producing the quality PDFs for the site and for the time he spent converting my scanned images. Thanks vanny !! [;)][:D][:D]
The site has been kindly donated by SMJB Web design ``for all your web design needs!’’ So if you like the site and want one yourself for business or pleasure, email: info@smjb-solutions.co.uk for a quote. Plug over !!
Click http://www.stevenbraud.demon.co.uk to access Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia manual.
Cheers
Steve
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Dear all,

My sincere apologies for loss if site. :oops:

I moved house back in May and had to move ISP and so webserver went offline. New house has kept me busy since then but like all good intensions… I’ve been meaning to sort it out since Aug !!

Gateway and server are live and I’ll sort it out for New Year. :wink:

If in the meantime you need anything from site please email me and I’ll endeavour to email manuals back to you.

Cheers
Steve
95 Xantia 20/16v 155 bhp VSX 210k
97 Saxo 1.1 SX 100k
03 S-Type Jag (sorry!)
``Only standing on the shoulders of giants - The more I know, the less I understand?? Ignorance is bliss! ''
Caterpillar
My Cars: Citroen Xantia Turbo C.T. 1997

Re: Citroen Technical Training Hydractive II manual

Post by Caterpillar »

Hello sbraud, in search of detailed informations, the winding paths of the internet led me to your post. I can see how old it is but I believe you might read my message. It concerns the Citroen Technical Training Hydractive II manual, which unfortunately cannot be found. You mentioned that you would send it by e-mail. The problem is that I can't find your address to write directly. I hope you read this message.
Best wishes
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

sbraud hasn't been on here since 2017.
You may be able to contact him by private messaging though.
Click the "Contact" bubble and choose the PM button - or email if it is active - to send him a message.
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

The document is still available on-line.
Google "Citroen Technician Training module B7 Hydractive".
The pdf can be downloaded from the www.scribd.com site.
Chris