I BOUGHT A NEW CAR

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

I BOUGHT A NEW CAR

Post by mezuk04 »

Well i was thinking about buying a Xsara but saw a Xantia at 1pm today and have just gotten home with it.
Its a Xantia 1.9td P-Reg SX with 104,000 on the clock for £850.
Its in excellent condition both in and out but however it isnt without its faults, so was just wondering if i could get some feedback as me and Wilkobob was going to have a look over Sunday and Monday to see if we cant correct them.
1. The blowers occasionally come on, apparently they can come on when going over a bump, when i went in for a test drive they didnt work, handed the money over later today and they come on straight away but have gone off again, what could be the problem???
2. The aircon doesnt work at all, apparently the guy says he is near 100% sure that its the Compressor unit, he got another off another Xantia but its the same size however the piping is different on it. How likely is it to be just the compressor unit and are there any other checks to do just incase???
3. Were going to give it a wee service, oil change and air filter and fuel filter, cam belts a recent change so thats fine, but regarding the hydrulics, me and Wilkobob have read a lot about plastic clips always being to fault [}:)] it goes up and down with not much bother but are there any little things we can lube up etc..
Completley new to Hydrualics, Wilkobob had a BX so knows a little but an Xantia is new territory for us.
I love it already
Regards
Chris [:D]
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

So thats what you were doing when you text me... ha ha ha
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

1. The ignition switch is buggered - see recent post about sticking in a relay: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=15671
2. A/C is a bit difficult. You will probably need to get an A/C service agent to suck it out and leak test it and go from there. Leaks are more common than compressor failure.
3. This is the link that connects the rear roll bar to the height corrector. Make sure the big spring is well lubed up and it should be OK.
RDD
My Cars:

Post by RDD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mezuk04</i>

Its a Xantia 1.9td P-Reg SX with 104,000 on the clock for £850.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sounds like a good deal. How long has the MOT got left on it?
Just curious, I picked up a P-plate 2.0i SX Estate, with 114,000 on the clock. All I needed to do was fit new discs and pads at the front.....MOT's till Mar 2006 :)
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

MOT expires 31 July 2006....i must say although the air con isnt working at the moment and similar the blowers, im loving it....oh yeahhhh
RDD
My Cars:

Post by RDD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mezuk04</i>

MOT expires 31 July 2006....i must say although the air con isnt working at the moment and similar the blowers, im loving it....oh yeahhhh
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Good deal for almost a full years motoring! Don't worry, it's nearly winter though, you won't need the aircon for a few months ;)
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well thats what I needed, a years worth of Motorway travelling, so by June I will have added nearly another 40,000 miles
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Well the air con as we know has the "wrong compressor" fitted. Its marked on in yellow paint "HDI" so i guess someone at some point has replaced the buggered one (was told that the bearings were noisy) with the incorrect one. So... we need to either have it cobbled together (the pipe fittings are different) or find the correct one. The blower would appear that its the motor at fault as there is some kind of whirring when the ignition is on, but no air, so will try to replace that. The rest of the car seems tip top now, after we have paid £25 to service the car. Oh, it does still need a new radiator, but will look for that also at the scrap yard.