xsara estate against berlingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

xsara estate against berlingo

Post by simonelsey »

What is best xsara estate or berlingo . Just seems berlingo are wider , which would allow me to fit 3 child seats in back or 2 child seats and booster cushion. I have not tried yet but my xsara seems to be a bit tight for fitting 3 childs , I might be able to get 2 seats and a booster in .But would be very tight . If someone could advise me on this it would be helpful.
regards
Simon
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

I thought it was illegal to have 3 child seats in a row because there isnt the necessary space between them - something like that, may be ok if its a 3 point seat belt in the middle but i still think its a bit tricky dicky
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

It's better to choose your least favourite child & place one of your offspring in the crumple zone of a Ford Galaxy. [:p]
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

But I do not like fords .The quality of materials get worst towards the rear.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alexp-j</i>

It's better to choose your least favourite child & place one of your offspring in the crumple zone of a Ford Galaxy. [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Very different cars, a Berlingo and a Xsara estate.
I think the estate really suits the looks of the Xsara 2's revised front end, it's a nice, balanced design. And with an HDi engine, I rekon you've got the best car in the range.
Get the kids to breath in a bit, and keep it!
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Ralph , Xsara 2s front end is good ,But I have the last of the mark ones . Hopefully the ones with out the dodgy multiplex wiring. and yes it does what it says on the tin .
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

You can carry a hell of a lot of junk in a Xsara estate
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Xsara all the way for me. If it were muy choise that is. Seen them down the tip in the berlingo. Strugling to get the loads out. it's the slightly higher rear load space from what I can see.
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"Struggling to get the loads out. it's the slightly higher rear load space from what I can see."
Which would surely make it easier?? Especially since the boot floor has no "lip" over which to lift stuff
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Ahyes! if you taller than most of the little old women and men I've seen down the tip.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Reason for question was ,seems berlingo has slightly larger boot and rear seats seem to be wider , before buying the xsara looked at the picasso , but larger boot but not right shape if you not what I mean ,eg not very deep,and very high so opted for estate(very useful as manage to squeeze to kitchen work top from dash board to boot turning passenger air bag off before doing this). Also at the time I was in a job where I was Karting computer/printer bits doing 30-40,000 a year (very friendly on fuel), Now Im not doing any mileage Im just toiling with the idea . My only concern is the rear seats , Not very happy puting any kids in the back with the lapbelt
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

A berlingo is great for putting loadds of gear in an kipping in the back and has lots of very sensible pockets for stuff. Any car where you can put a kettle in the door pocket is a good one in my book. The upward-lifting rear door is good for sitting under with a tarp when it's a bit damp, although it does drip off at the wrong (top) end, which is tiresome. I'm not familiar with the xsara estate so I can't make comparisons.