Xsara Wiring Diagram

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rblakemore

Xsara Wiring Diagram

Post by rblakemore »

Has anybody got, or could get hold of a wiring diagram for a xsara 2001 model? Still having major problems with my central locking and I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. [;)]
JBUK

Post by JBUK »

I presume you have checked the Haynes. If you have a Series 2 Xsara then you can buy the French equivalent which has the central locking circuit Multiplex style on page 134 in the diesel book.
Available at http://alapage.fr/ search on Citroen Xsara 2 and expand the 6 livres section. Cost is €20 plus a few more for livraison (delivery).
rblakemore

Post by rblakemore »

Thanks for that info. I have tried haynes and there is no book for the 2000 onwards model. I emailed haynes and they said they have no plans to bring one out.
I have no electrics in my drivers door, and a family member mechanic said he would fix it if he had a wiring diagram so he could see where things were. Any idea off hand where the switch/sensor is that makes the interior light go on and off, and the mileage display when you open the door??
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the switch that turns on the interior light is an internal part of the door latch/motor.have you checked the interconnector between the drivers door & A pillar + the wiring behind the rubber sleveing,its a very common brakage point.
rblakemore

Post by rblakemore »

My electric window also doesn't work either. I'm really struggling now. I don't want to get rid of the car, but I would so dearly love my blipper key and central locking to work again. There WAS a broken wire in the black rubber between the door and dashboard, but that is now securely back together.[V]
Simon H
My Cars:

Post by Simon H »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rblakemore</i>

My electric window also doesn't work either. I'm really struggling now. I don't want to get rid of the car, but I would so dearly love my blipper key and central locking to work again. There WAS a broken wire in the black rubber between the door and dashboard, but that is now securely back together.[V]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi there
I have a French Revue Technique (www.etai.fr) Xsara2 manual for the 1.4, 1.6 models, I guess the electrics are similiar though. Call me on 07840295301 and I will post you a photocopy of the relevant wiring diagram.
Regards
Simon H
ubg43
My Cars:

Post by ubg43 »

Hi there
I have a French Revue Technique (www.etai.fr) Xsara2 manual for the 1.4, 1.6 models, I guess the electrics are similiar though. Call me on 07840295301 and I will post you a photocopy of the relevant wiring diagram.
Regards
Simon H
Might I beg you to let me know where the central locking control unit is on the 2000 Xsara 1.6 - and the colour codes for the wires?
Many thanks in advance.
rblakemore

Post by rblakemore »

Simon has very kindly emailed the diagrams for me so i can forward them to you if it is of help.
Let me know how you get on with repairing your problem as it is going to be a few weeks before i get mine sorted.
If you want the diagrams, my email is rblakemore84@yahoo.co.uk so let me know.