Citroen Technical Training Hydractive I manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sbraud
My Cars:

Citroen Technical Training Hydractive I manual

Post by sbraud »

Update:23 Aug. Thanks to vanny Hydractive I is now available to view/download in PDF format - follow links. [:D]
Almost finished Hydractive II [8D]
Steve
Hi all,

As some may already know, Richard Gallagher and myself have been working on making "Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia” available on the web. These manuals are from Citroen’s own in-house training for dealers, which I think worth publishing as it contains diagrams and lots of technical data for Hydractive that may not otherwise be available!
After many weeks copying, scanning and web building we’ve managed to get Hydractive I available, with Hydractive II coming soon. Later, if I don’t burn out scanner, we hope to get Activa and BX hydraulics up too!
The site has been kindly donated by SMJB Web design ``for all your web design needs!’’ (email: info@smjb-solutions.co.uk ) It consist of photocopied pages in an album format. Each page range can be downloaded in a higher resolution JPG to allow zoom on complex diagrams etc. using Windows Image Viewer, for example.
Pages not deemed useful have been excluded to cut down on site size. Generally speaking, 95% of the original manual(s) are included.
Personally, I’ve been hoping to offer something back to this excellent forum for some time as it’s really helped me out in the past. Hopefully this site can grow and become a real resource that may benefit many of us Citroen owners looking for published technical data and the alike. So if you’ve something to share email me at manuals@sbraud.co.uk
Click http://www.stevenbraud.demon.co.uk to access Citroen Technical Training - Consultant Technician Module B7 Hydractive I and II systems for XM and Xantia manual.
Cheers
Steve
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

This is fantastic news! I can't wait for the Hydractive 2 section to be completed. [:D]
Are you planning on doing anything like a PDF version later ? (A lot easier to read)
I wish I had a scanner, as my Dad still has the genuine Citroen workshop manuals for the GS (wonderful books) that I was thinking of scanning the interesting diagrams regarding the hydraulic system such as the height corrector, pressure regulator, etc, as a lot of them still apply to later models to help newbies understand how the system works, and how to repair it themselves...
If there is any interest in this I may be able to scan them at work some time...
Regards,
Simon
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Hi Mandrake,
PDF’s version is in the pipeline once I’ve finished scanning the rest of manuals. I didn’t appreciate what a long job this would turn into. [xx(] I think the site is more of a beta version, but if anyone can make use of it… then great! [:D]
If it takes off I’ll get a dedicated domain name for it.
If you need a home for your GS stuff, should you take the plunge, feel free to email.
Cheers
Steve
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Very Good.... A Gold Star should be awarded!!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

and anything else we can find.[;)]
Well done Richard and Steve[:)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Yep im impressed with the content!
Got a little bored this afternoon so have converted the sfrist section to PDF [:D] will pass it onto steve and rich so they can pass it on to you!
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Cheers Vanny, you are a gent. [;)]
I was about to sort this out... but now I don't have too [:D]
Steve
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Would you like me to put a link to it in the tips and tricks section?
This way it won't drop off the radar.
Alan S
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

OK Alan,
Good idea if you think it worthy? [:D]
Cheers
Steve
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

I think you have made a mistake with the the table of contents. You say that the stuff on the website is HA I, but most (if not all) of the data is for HA II. For example, the rules for sport mode are definitely HA II, as is the description that XM and Xantia use the same computer (HA I was never fitted to Xantia).
This is not a complaint, just trying to eliminate errors.
regards,
Mike
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

I’ll double check photocopies I used for scan. [?]
From memory I scanned up to HA II before thinking I’d make HA I available… thus giving me a break from the dreaded scanner. [xx(]
Steve
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Well spotted xantiav6. [;)]
You’ve better eyes than me! [:I][xx(]
Home now and yes page 25 onwards of HA II (photocopies) ended up in HA I section. I’ll sort out it ASAP. [?]
The good news (for me) is that as I’ve already done HA II pages 25 onwards so I’m nearly finished on that section too (phew)
Anyway if you’ve not switched off already:
Still to come –
Technical Training – Checking & adjusting Activa roll correction
Mobule B8 – Activa roll correction system
Hydractive 3 and 3+
Will the fun ever end!!! [:D]
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Congratulations, you are trully gentlemen. I don't own an hydractive equiped car but for all that have one, this is a big help.
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Dear all,

My sincere apologies for loss if site.

I moved house back in May and had to move ISP and so webserver went offline. New house has kept me busy since then but like all good intensions… I’ve been meaning to sort it out since Aug !!

Gateway and server are live and I’ll sort it out for New Year.

If in the meantime you need anything from site please email me and I’ll endeavour to email manuals back to you.

Cheers
Steve
95 Xantia 20/16v 155 bhp VSX 210k
97 Saxo 1.1 SX 100k
03 S-Type Jag (sorry!)
``Only standing on the shoulders of giants - The more I know, the less I understand?? Ignorance is bliss! ''
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I hope this isn't against the rules but loads of good info can also be found here -

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Xantia-L/files/

You'll have to join the group to access it though - I think!

Steve.

P.S - Thanks Steve B - looking forward to the info.
not applicable