94 vsx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheshire61
My Cars:

94 vsx

Post by cheshire61 »

oh no i've damaged the front of my xantia insurance have had a look they said it's mostly the plastics that are damaged but we know yes it's not cost worthy to them just took off the grill and it looks as though the plastic slam panel and the part that holds the fans radiator etc is damaged can get a replacement from the scrapyard but how hard is it to fit and front bumper
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Hi Ray,
The front bumper on the 94 model is very straight forward to remove/replace. In each wheel arch there is a small oval shaped piece of plastic(on the side closest to the front of the vehicle) which pops out. When thats out you have access to the bolt thats holding the side of the bumper (its a wee bit tricky to find but fairly obvious when you locate it (access and visison is limited)), its the same on both sides. Also underneath there are 3/4 small bolts and once they're all out you just pull the bumper off, it has a couple of aligning rods (plastic nobs) that push into holes on the front.
Adam.
cheshire61
My Cars:

Post by cheshire61 »

Thanks Adam You would'nt know how that slam panel that holds the rads etc comes out would you