Xsara service reset

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

micitroen
My Cars:

Xsara service reset

Post by micitroen »

Hi, I'm a recent joiner and I've looked through most of the 'old' posts for this and can't find it. Is there a way of resetting the 'service due' icon on a '98 Xsara 1.9d (I've heard that it is) as its annoying me having to keep a record of the oil/filter etc. changes in order to change it on time. Especially as when I first got it I had the fullest service possible including Cam belt and still the 'blxxdy' thing won't go out.
littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

According to Autodata, press and hold the trip-mileage button while you turn the ignition on. Same as most Cits, it appears.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Yes! As LRR says. The numbers count down as you hold the button in so it takes a few seconds.
micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JohnD</i>

Yes! As LRR says. The numbers count down as you hold the button in so it takes a few seconds.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks to LRR and JD above, just went out and ....hey presto! 6000 miles to the next service....had a hunch it was simple,[:)][:D]thanks again.
a_seebo
My Cars:

Post by a_seebo »

Hello LLR,
I just sent a new topic on that issue. Mine is an Xsara year 04. The Servicing trip milleage decreases more rapidly that the trip milleage. The servicing indicator is already on, when I have 4 Km more to drive before the servicing. And it does not decreases to the same pace as the trip milleage.
Can you please help?