SAVE MY XANTIA !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Helen

SAVE MY XANTIA !

Post by Helen »

Please help, I've had all four spheres replaced by my trusty mechanic (brother who is qualified) but although everything worked fine for the first while now the rear won't lift at all . I really need and love my car and my brother is saying some very nasty things about it, I fear that some day soon my beloved car will hear what he's saying and leave home altogether! providing she can lift her skirts to run!
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi helen, ask your brother to put your xant on some ramps and check that the small white plastic clip that connects the rear height controller to the clamp on the anti-roll bar is still attached... This is a common and easily fixed problem ! Tell your brother if he keeps insulting your car, it will really give him some trouble (like the head gasket! -that will really give him something to moan about)
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Helen, it could be the dreaded plastic clip connecting the anti-roll bar to the height corrector. Without it, the car only has 2 settings, low or high.
Move the height lever all the way up and see if it rises. If so, it's the clip.
Your brother could also spray the height corrector evenly with WD-40 and then with spray grease.
Hope i was able to help. If not, wait for the cavalry, they won't take long [;)]
Take care!
mpr1956, you beated me to this answer!
Helen

Post by Helen »

Many Thanks 406 V6 and mpr 1956 I'll pass on your help this morning and let you know how we get on
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Helen</i>

Please help, I've had all four spheres replaced by my trusty mechanic (brother who is qualified) but although everything worked fine for the first while now the rear won't lift at all . I really need and love my car and my brother is saying some very nasty things about it, I fear that some day soon my beloved car will hear what he's saying and leave home altogether! providing she can lift her skirts to run!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">