ZX Volcane fuel tank capacity

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AthlonZX
My Cars:

ZX Volcane fuel tank capacity

Post by AthlonZX »

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me roughly how many litres I should be able to get into the fuel tank on a petrol 2.0 ZX volcane? At the moment from fill-up (with the needle into the red & fuel light on ocasionally while driving in a straight line), I cannot get more than £30 worth (roughly 34 litres)...which will get me at the very most 250 miles (not that I've dared go much past the fuel light! [:P] ).
Haynes seems to think the fuel tank has a capacity of 54 litres. Do I have a very pessamistic fuel guage and a good 20 litres of fuel left when my fuel light comes on?
Thanks
AthlonZX (Dave)
Citroen ZX Volcane 2.0i L-1994 92348 miles [|)]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I never got more than 44 litres into my 1.4i. I never trusted the yellow light...it seemed to have pickup problems at anything like low levels, especially when parked on an uphill slope.
I wasn't too impressed when it nearly stopped in the outside lane of the M62 either (managed to splutter to Hartshead Moor to fill up).
You should be safe to use 40 litres or so on the flat though.
James
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I often play the fuel stop lotto :D My zx usally has £10 in and run around until 90+ miles came round - whatever the fuel light said.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I had a friend who always had a can of fuel in his boot, he tended to ignore his fuel gauge and run out quite a bit.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My ZX is the same. I have never managed to get more than about £35 worth in, but wont risk running right out, so not sure how much the tank really holds.. [?]
A couple of Litres of cooking oil in the boot make a good reserve back up. It doesn't smell and is unlikely to cause a fire. Might not work so well in mid winter though. [:o)]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>
Might not work so well in mid winter though.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Or Petrols! lol