HUB NUTS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

HUB NUTS

Post by mezuk04 »

After overhauling the brakes on my diesel me and Wilkobob noticed that this car seems to have bit from other cars (presumably left overs while being built).
Had to take the back wheels off a number of times for handbrake replacement then rear pads but GSF sent the wrong ones so they had to come off the week after.
Unfortuantly the hub nuts that were on had been pretty much crimped to a ince of their life so decided to pop down to the local motor spares shop and purchase some shiny new ones, i was given the ones for my spec of car but they were however wrong.
Went back and was given a couple of others to try for a petrol, these seemed to be a closer fit but again just off so had to make do with going to a scrap yard and pinching some off a Temptation, forget year but i do think it was a Temptation (Wilkobob may be able to confirm), however these were also a bit crimped but had to make do so they are currently on.
Well for the past month and a bit, during initial start up braking the back brakes (sounds as if its from the rear) seem to squeak a little loud and also the handbrake makes the same noise on occasion when used, so want to get round to checking the state of the drums at the back as I have a holiday in September down in Cornwall and want to make sure its nothing serious before it happens so the wheels need to be removed but their may just not be enough to crimp this time round for a check of the brakes.
Anyone got any certain knowledge of a part code for a set of hub nuts because the local motor spares had about 4, for petrols and diesels but none were correct, and also since mentioned, what could be causing the squeaking.
A bit long winded but wanted to explain fully [:D]
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you tried GSF for hub nuts,is there a step on inside and out side of drum where shoes run this can cause a squeaking noise,also did you put copper slip on the points on back plate where shoes sit
regards malcolm