Halfords bargains

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Halfords bargains

Post by bxbodger »

I just went into Halfwits to get a new inner tube for the little un's bike and they are having a clearance sale of, gasp, shock,[:0]-useful stuff!!!
I don't know if this is in all Halfords but I just bought a full FAI branded top end overhaul BX diesel gasket set for £6.96- cam seals, valve stem seals, themostat seals, the lot.......basically everything but the head gasket, which is now going to be put away in my shed for when its needed[:)].
Its all supposed to be obsolete stock-lots of cambelts and gasket sets, but some of it is for recent cars-zetec motors, etc, so I just think its stuff nobody in their right mind would go into Halfords to buy and they just want rid of it.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

They do this on tools and things. I acquired a number of items on this basis some years ago and have even used most of them. That particular offer was that store only but the could be company wide clear out.
They do seem a bit more sensible since Boots flogged them. I know that garage business went to the AA but am not sure who now owns the Halfords business.
jeremy
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

mine has odds n sods things like brake pads for 1p
inthemicz

Post by inthemicz »

Halfords is now a plc so anyone can have a piece, and there is a £10 million stock clearance at the mo, some stores have loads of old parts stock some have hardly any.