Xantia firm ride WITH new spheres.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gary Hewson
My Cars:

Xantia firm ride WITH new spheres.

Post by Gary Hewson »

The car is a '94 VSX TD with hydractive.
It recently failed it's MOT because the ride was too firm.
The garage changed the spheres with four Andyspares re-con units.
The brake valve was changed at the same time as it had started leaking after brake testing.
The ride is now firmer than when it went in.
Any ideas?
I am returning the car to the garage Saturday for them to look at, but I have lost all confidence in them.
I should have done the work myself.
After traveling 80 miles a day for the last 2.5 years the car has cost me very little other than routine servicing and some brake pads and discs. Here's hoping all will be well again soon.
Cheers,
Gary.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Swing arm bearings on the way out perhaps?
Alan S
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sounds to me like non hydractive spheres may have been fitted to your Hydractive car?
Either way, I would assume that most garages would road test the car after fitting spheres and a doseur valve, so surely they must have noticed this problem before you collected your car?
Lastly, unless you're poverty struck fir new spheres, nor recons. Off the record of course.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
Edited by - Jon on 17 Oct 2002 14:04:44
Niek
My Cars:

Post by Niek »

Did they replace the hydractive (middle) spheres? These are the ones providing most comfort in 'normal' mode. If these are gone and all you replace are the wheel spheres nothing much would change I think.
Anybody to fill in the gaps??
Niek.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Agree! If centre front and rear spheres have not have changed then the hard ride will continue! However I would not expect for the ride comfort to be worse than before.
Would double check that correct (hydractive) spheres have been fitted, if so then replace the centre spheres.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
handman

Post by handman »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The car is a '94 VSX TD with hydractive.
It recently failed it's MOT because the ride was too firm.
The garage changed the spheres with four Andyspares re-con units.
The brake valve was changed at the same time as it had started leaking after brake testing.
The ride is now firmer than when it went in.
Any ideas?
I am returning the car to the garage Saturday for them to look at, but I have lost all confidence in them.
I should have done the work myself.
After traveling 80 miles a day for the last 2.5 years the car has cost me very little other than routine servicing and some brake pads and discs. Here's hoping all will be well again soon.
Cheers,
Gary.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>i had the same problem my 96 car replaced rear spheres , simple solved problem (keep engine running all the time when doing this - put car to normal drive hight open bleed valve on accumilator then lock it, move the lever to lowest drive hight and do the same 2 or 3 time then lock bleed screw, return to norm hight for driving and this should solve the prob) it did for me <font size=4></font id=size4><font color=red></font id=red>
andyturner
My Cars:

Post by andyturner »

I have had the same problem on a non-hydractive 95 Xantia. Firm ride is intermittent. Have had the problem for 2 years but nobody knows why.
apt
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

Gary, has this problem with firm ride been solved in garage?
Cheers