Citroen assist

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leonardo

Citroen assist

Post by leonardo »

I've just realised that my Saxo's year's cover from Citroen Assist has expired. Anyone know how to renew it or what other breakdown service do people recommend?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Citroen assist can be renewed via your local friendly rottweiler. Its not cheap and you should look at the cover it actually offers then plump for a cheaper altenative such as GEM breakdown cover.
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

that's odd, when I had it for my XM, it used to cost around £65 per year, compared to over £100 for similar AA/RAC cover. Service was always reasonably good too, on the 2 or 3 occasions I called them in 13 years.... Call them and find out, there should be a contact number in the car or in the booklet.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aengus</i>

that's odd, when I had it for my XM, it used to cost around £65 per year,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's about what I pay for my Xantia. I consider it good value since it gives cover for Continental motoring. They contact me just before expiry.
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

Only reason I've dropped it is because I get free AA cover via the bank these days, as part of my account services (free - hah - included in the charges!). This has the advantage that it's ME that is covered, as opposed to the car, which is fine as I'm the only driver of the car so it won't be stuck anywhere and not covered.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

GEM Motoring Assistance - £38PA any car & includes European Travel. Breakdown or continuation of travel, also usual stuff like paying so much if you have to be put up in a hotel.
Shop around[;)]
ripsaw82
My Cars:

Post by ripsaw82 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aengus</i>

Only reason I've dropped it is because I get free AA cover via the bank these days, as part of my account services (free - hah - included in the charges!). This has the advantage that it's ME that is covered, as opposed to the car, which is fine as I'm the only driver of the car so it won't be stuck anywhere and not covered.
Is that with Lloyds TSB the AA Cover? If it is, its not worth FREE! As i found out when my Xantia blewup in Dartford tunnel. They only cover to take you and your car home (or somewhere else) up to 10 Miles, or get you off the motorway. I had to pay £450 for a tow home because of this crappy excuse of cover. If its the Lloyds TSB one you still need proper AA or RAC cover, unless you never drive more than 10 miles from home!!!
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Martyhopkirk mentioned GEM recovery? they are very good, they cover you rather than a car so you can get help driving any car in your charge. Only drawback is that you pay the bills and re claim later. I was dragged of the M/way and taken home not to long ago (Mondeo) and had no trouble recovering the £98 charged by the garage. You must have a clean driving licence when applying. Tel:01342 824847.
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

interesting.... according to the T's & C's on mine, I believe I have roadside, relay, relay plus, homestart etc all included. In fact, the documentation I read states 'recovery to a single destination of your choice'
But I have only used it once, 3-5 miles from home (so far)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ripsaw82</i>

Is that with Lloyds TSB the AA Cover? If it is, its not worth FREE! As i found out when my Xantia blewup in Dartford tunnel. They only cover to take you and your car home (or somewhere else) up to 10 Miles, or get you off the motorway. I had to pay £450 for a tow home because of this crappy excuse of cover. If its the Lloyds TSB one you still need proper AA or RAC cover, unless you never drive more than 10 miles from home!!!
leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

I've joined Green Flag because at the moment they have special internet offer and they of course operate Citroen Assist I found out. £79 isn't bad for a comprehensive policy (excluding Europe) as opposed £125 RAC. I looked at GEM but their coverage was poor in relation to other companies which is why it was that much cheaper.