How much to get error codes checked

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

baldrick
My Cars:

How much to get error codes checked

Post by baldrick »

<i>xantia hdi 90 bhp</i>.What sort of price should i be looking at to get the error codes checked,mentioned this before but not resolved it yet.problem is the car seems slow when pulling of and can only manage top speed of 85.
What could cause this lack of power,dont think its in limp home mode.could a pipe be off or the pump governed.
ideas and cost please.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Have you checked the simple mechanical things first, for example checked that the brakes are not binding/sticking?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

And that the throttle opens properly?
Jeremy
baldrick
My Cars:

Post by baldrick »

Yes checked the brakes where's the throttle [:)],have noticed a very high pitched whistle but not very loud,ideas.
robsons

Post by robsons »

High pitched whistle.....Sounds like you've an air leak on the inlet after the turbo. Check the Intercooler and pipework to make sure your boost is not venting to the atmosphere..... No boost - No go :( well no go quick anyway
baldrick
My Cars:

Post by baldrick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by robsons</i>

High pitched whistle.....Sounds like you've an air leak on the inlet after the turbo. Check the Intercooler and pipework to make sure your boost is not venting to the atmosphere..... No boost - No go :( well no go quick anyway
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
From what i've been told no intercooler on this model,struggling to find any info about this engine unit,could someone point me in the direction of any diagrams or info on the hdi 90bhp engines.
thanks
baldrick
My Cars:

Post by baldrick »

Update:
Had the codes read and only problem showing was air con not working,not surprised as non fitted to my model.
Its been suggested that timing may be out a fraction but the car runs ok apart from loss of power in first and top speed.
baldrick
My Cars:

Post by baldrick »

Update:
Had the codes read and only problem showing was air con not working,not surprised as non fitted to my model.
Its been suggested that timing may be out a fraction but the car runs ok apart from loss of power in first and top speed.
Also changed airflow meter which made no differance.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i think the high pitched whistle/airleak is your problem like robsons says.