radio lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

radio lights

Post by lurchy666 »

does any one know how to get the lights on the standard radio workin mine went out the other night one side of the lights went out then the other side went out about half an hour later and it's annoying trying to shine a torch on the radio and drive and press buttons all the other lights on dash and heater controls are working so i dunnpo whats wrong with it
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

hi
yes they are a tiny tiny 12v bulb i use them for the exact thing, bit of a slaver tho fitting them if your stuck i can always send u a couple. pm me
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If you enlarge the hole a bit you can fit one of the capless panel light bulbs by straightenein out the wires and soldering them on to the appropriate connections, its a bit like brain surgery though and you need to be careful you dont damage anything.
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

try Maplin.co.uk, part no PG79L (12V Submin Green), other colours too. 29p each.
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

cheers every 1 i'll get a few bulbs and try to do it at the weekend
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

dont even attempt to use capless bulbs as u cant solder to the wire all you'll do is destroy the circuit board
aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

not sure I understand ths comment.... I replaced the bulbs in my Clarion using the Maplin ones and it all works fine.
First thing to do is to open the unit and see what type of bulb is in there, then buy the appropriate ones - while the unit is open, may be worth checking the voltage across a blown bulb to confirm that 12v type is correct.
Just re-read, noted capless bulb - but this should not be a real problem so long as they fit the panel - just use a sharp knife to clean the wire and tin it before trying to solder to the cct board.
lurchy666

Post by lurchy666 »

cheers for all your help guys but i've decided to do it the easier way and put a cheap cd player in from halfords