method to clean intercooler

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stubbsy

method to clean intercooler

Post by stubbsy »

whats the best method to clean inside.one of my injector pipes has just popped and pissin diesel all over the place.BUT its no 1 injector!!! so have to take intercooler off to get at it.so just thinkin while it is off i may as well give it a cleaning out
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

You could try washing your intercooler out with petrol, diesel, white spirit or parafin. Let us know how you get on.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Washing the outside with a strong hose down works better! When cleaning the inside, let the solvent evaporate fully before starting the engine.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I believe Surgical Spirit for the inside works well. As Tom says make sure it has dried out inside before running the engine as engine dammage can occur.
stubbsy

Post by stubbsy »

job done today,but wasnt the leak off pipe.it was actually the rubber blanker that had gone. as for intercooler,couldnt believe it,clean as a whistle!! didnt need a clean at all.but cant get her back on the road till mon as numpty forgot to get a new rubber intercooler gasket.the one on it has mysteriously grown to twice its origional size!!!!!