Wrong sort of intercooler...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I'm always very careful if the seller doesn't have a reasonable grasp of the English language.
AlWilliams
My Cars:

Post by AlWilliams »

There was a £500 bid on it yesturday. Not anymore though.
How strange.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

I got a very similar reply when i asked about the intercooler...
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

We should find out if he just cut the front off and stuck it on the rear off a different xantia .Paint job looks to good for me for a start. I say it a cut and shut job , or as near damn it . Whats the chances engine is from a stolen car . I wonder if he will give me the engine number
pmhpmh

Post by pmhpmh »

I asked a second question about where the air comes from for air cooling the intercooler and he replied
".the intercooler gets its air as it sits a few inches bellow the bonnet and it draws air in through the top.thanks stu."
I get the impression he knows more about it than his previous answers would suggest.
He did not appear to post the answer on the Q& A section (I didnt realise that you had the option of not posting).
pmhpmh

Post by pmhpmh »

Funny I note that all the previous questions and answers (1 giving links to this thread) about the intercooler and being wrong etc and "dont touch this car" have now disappeared!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I just wonder if we should be warning any possible buyers, i bet you good money the winning bidder turns up on here to tell us how they have rubbish economy, it fails an MOT and looks like a ringer!
The thing about the Xantia's is when they've been crashed you CANT get them totally straight again so somewhere there will be evidence of it. Deffinatley one for a HPi check me thinks! Could always be the mechanic is dodgy not the seller, but i suspect they may be one in the same!
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

All the questions and answers are still there, there are that many questions that they are not all displayed, if you click on "more" you will see them all. My opinion on this car is that it has had an engine fitted from a Peugeot 405, the intercooler on the Pug. is as it is shown in the picture for this Xantia, there is ducting in the Pug's bonnet to feed the air to the intercooler and it works very well. The Xantia bonnet does not have this ducting so I think the intercooler fitted to this Xantia will not be very efficient.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The daft thing is, if that intercooler is picking up heat from the engine it will presumably make the performance & economy worse than if it had no intercooler at all!
HST

Post by HST »

£676, reserve not met. He was lucky to be offered that much. No doubt it'll reappear and those damned timewaters will be blamed again. If I rember correctly the reserve has gone from £1650 to £1250. Any guesses what it will be next time? What is it really worth?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HST</i>
What is it really worth?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, if £676 was bid, then that's what its worth.
HST

Post by HST »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HST</i>
What is it really worth?
Its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, if £676 was bid, then that's what its worth.
Assuming that was their maximum bid: they could have had a much higher proxy bid. In any case, that's what it's worth to that individual, which can be wildly different from the market value.
Note to self: must avoid getting into pedantic arguements in forums.
Somehow, I don't think we'll see it again on Ebay, unless the seller really is as dumb as he seems.