tyres again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

marski
My Cars:

tyres again

Post by marski »

i have a 2.5 td estate running on avon which need replacing[not avon].i know citroen advise overpriced michelin, obvious since they're both french but in the real world what tyres should i use for best roadholding and economy? one of you "Andymen" should know== thanks.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

In my experience, the XM really does ride better on Michelins and they have a quite tread pattern and good mileage. Ring around and try to get a good discount instead.
//NiSk
Chris_L

Post by Chris_L »

In My experience Michelin tyres are quite good but not the best, and certainly not worth the ridiculous premium you have to pay to get them! I'm not sure about the XM, but on my ZX, I've used Continental Sport Contacts and they were amazing. Excellent grip wet or dry, good economy and quite cheap to buy (well compared with Michelin anyway!). I believe after reading the auto-express road test that the Premium Contacts which are the replacement, are even better (and incidentally beat Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli etc etc). My advice would be to get a set of them. You won't look back!!
Chris
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

Try these two websites for your tyres.
www.mytyres.net
www.e-tyres.co.uk
They look cheap even after delivery and fitting charges are added.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

reffro,
the mytyres.net site is very good with the prices, michlien energys XT1 £31.80.
but i just have to find a fitting centre near to where i live, have sent them an email.
dom
marski
My Cars:

Post by marski »

thanks for the advice lads.after much deliberation i will go for the conti contacts. the price was the deciderso thanks again.