saxo cutting out when pulling way

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adam p
My Cars:

saxo cutting out when pulling way

Post by adam p »

my girlfriends w reg saxo vtr has been cutting out after start up over the last few days.
when she starts the car it starts fine and will idle ok until she goes to pull away then the revs drop and the car stalls but will always restart straight away.the car goes ok when driving and wont stall,its only after starting it up and pulling away.its not intermittant because it does it after every start guaranteed.also the immobiliser dash warning light has flashed a couple of times when this happens but not all the time.
has anyone got any idea what this may be.i thought it may be down to the spark plugs.the obvious would be to go for a faulty immobiliser but if it was that then why would the car idle perfectly but cut only when pulling away?the engine management light isnt lit up either
thanks in advance
Edited by - adam p on 15 Oct 2002 18:54:18
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

first check the maxi fuses (fusebox next to the brake fluid resivoir).check the one nearest the bulkhead it wont be blown but if its the old style fuse it may have dry joints at the edges this fuse is for the imobbiliser. also i've had a saxo in the past where the wiring loom had been rubbing on the back of the engine the movement of the engine was making the wires touch & cut out.with the engine running go round the loom starting at the ECU and wiggle the wireing to see if it cuts out.
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Is the Saxo OK when the engine has warmed up?