Rear Suspension has sunk

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

abinglis
My Cars:

Rear Suspension has sunk

Post by abinglis »

I have a 1999 2.0 HDI Xantia (SX) Estate, 78000mls, on driving home tonight the rear seemed hard, when I got out the rear has sunk to its lowest position and wont rise when I set the suspension to its highest setting. The front goes up and down ok, so whats went wrong with the back?
All help appreciated.
Andy.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Is the plastic link connecting the height corrector to the anti-roll bar still there? A very common problem - a search should provide several days reading.
Jeremy
abinglis
My Cars:

Post by abinglis »

Should the suspension still not rise all the way up and then go all the way down if the plastic link is missing? The plastic clip came off the front sometime ago and that is exactly what it did, fully up or fully down it would not settle in the normal position, whereas just now I cant get the rear to shift at all.
Andy.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Not unknown for the metal part of the linkage to break off if the height corrector is really seized - and then I think you do find no response at all. You need to get a look under it somehow.
Sir Clive

Post by Sir Clive »

Definitely check the rear height corrector linkage....had exactly the problem when I owned a Xantia.
It also handled like a camel and in general was most unpleasant to drive in this condition.
Regards
Philip
abinglis
My Cars:

Post by abinglis »

Thanks guys, I will try and get the local mechanic to put it up on his ramps so that I can get a good look underneath.
Andy.